Sunday, May 19, 2013

To my fellow BiSCuits.

Hi.

I'm not the kind of guy who gets in the thick of things. I hang back; I watch, observe, and absorb. It's just the kind of person I am. It's just what I do.

Today, at our farewell brunch, Simone called us a tribe. And what a tribe we are; spanning the world, rising from all walks of life, bringing together Berto's sophistication and Brandy's raw honesty, Bradley's sullen charm and Casey's radiant exuberance, Dominique's fire and Kitty's tranquility. Binding ourselves to each other with eight-second hugs and laughter and dancing and terrible decisions.

We are the Bloggers in Sin City. We are people of words, each with a story to tell, each with our powerful voices to tell them. Each unique, each unified by one solitary fact: we were there.

What do you want me to say to you? That you are all beautiful and brilliant, that you are a grade of humanity above so many? Because I can, you know. I have watched you, listened to you. I know the greatness in each of you. But I don't have to tell you this, do I?

Because you already know.

You were there.

-R

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS. I loved meeting you, and I'm so glad you were here. This sums up everything so, so well. Until next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to blame it on me still feeling all the feelings or something like that but that thanks for making me tear up again. So succinct and well said. So glad you came this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Roomie,

    Sorry you didn't get this sooner, but I'd posted a comment through the web browser in the Facebook iPad app and Blogger didn't seem to like that, so here I am trying again while sitting at McCarran International :)

    Thanks for your words — each and every one of them rings with truth and helps me to remember that there truly IS a breed of blogger far better than what I'd let myself grow accustomed to. I want to see us all grow. I want our tribe to stay a tribe and never let geography, situations or fears keep us apart. I want to know that we'll always be able to rely on each other, regardless of however hard it may become.

    Your post has given me a little more hope, brother. I wish you all the best and know that this isn't goodbye forever.

    All the best,

    --case p.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't really get to know you, but great post. I loved the devil horns at the welcome mixer and the dancing at Margaritaville :)

    ReplyDelete